“Life, Lifestyle, what to expect – Belizean People, their Customs and how to best acclimate”
– General Belize info, British Common Law based similar to the US. English speaking with Central American values and way of life (How this differs from North American lifestyle)
– Avoiding common pitfalls made by Americans and Canadians
– Impoverished Country (Ambergris Caye is not indicative of the mainland and country as a whole / average labor income, style of life).
– Discussion of the differences between areas and Villages
– Safety, Phones (international calling and local cell phones), Internet, Mail, personal bills, Credit cards
– Health Insurance, Hospitals and Health Care
– What to bring when you move / clothing, housing, how to ship & cost of shipping
– Buying and registering a golf cart or car, permitting is not mandatory, Insurance and registration of vehicles. DO NOT ASSUME ANYTHING!
– Bringing your pet / forms needed and how to bring larger animals
– Touch on these (to be presented in full detail in the second, Getting it all set up & ready to go!